How To Reset A Linksys Router
One of the most general repairs for Internet connectivity mostly comprises of resetting the source of your Internet connection. If you have a DSL or cable Internet connection then you can use the Linksys Router to connect to the Internet. If your system is facing some problems regarding the internet then resetting the Linksys router would solve it for you.
It is an easy step by step process by which you can reset your Linksys router and those steps are given as following:
1. The first step is to turn off the power of your PC's modem. You can do this by the switch on your cable or DSL modem to switch it off it while you reset the Linksys router.
2. Secondly find the reset button on your Linksys router. Generally Linksys router models have the reset button at the back of the router.
3. Thirdly be very careful and use some pointed pen or pencil to press the reset button on the back of your Linksys router.
4. Fourthly hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds.
5. Fifthly keep on watching the lights on the front of the router. After you have reset the router, the power will be restored to the Linksys router. Once power's available, you can again switch your modem back on.
6. At last reconfigure your router. After you have reset your router, you will have to log in and reconfigure your settings as well. Mostly the login name is left empty and you’re set to the word “admin”.
Resetting the router would also be helpful if you have forgotten the Linksys router’s password because once you reset it the router by default returns to the factory settings.
If you are facing some connectivity problems then change your network resetting network settings would not do anything.