wireless internet access
this article will tell you a little about wireless internet, how to gain access and some other important information regarding it.
- We can say that the idea of wireless was conceived as early as the 19th century, when Guglielmo Marconi invented the radio. It acted mostly as a receiver although it could also send data. It is only now in the 21st century that wireless has really become more than one way.
- It quite simple to understand. Its also still wired. A cable is connected to a modem which is connected to a router which transmits signals. Simple right!.
- It is most effective with laptops as it provides mobility. It reduces the need for cables, but then again the range is somewhat limited. It cant go beyond 300ft outdoors.
- Initially there were PCMCIA slots, but they were difficult to take care of. It was in 1999 when Steve Jobs introduced the first consumer level wireless card that wireless became popular.
- Eateries and other such fast food places often advertise free wireless as it attracts customers. Is some cities, municipalities offer free internet.
- Overall it provides a lot of mobility and freedom to laptops. Allows you to gain information wherever you might be.