Disable Favorite Links Panel in Windows Vista Explorer
It’s a general problem that you like some links and as usual some unlike. Suppose, if you do not like the new favorite links panel in windows vista explorer panel, and you may not be sure about it that it’s really called the Navigation Pane, and it is very simple to close it. The navigation pane is located in the top left corner of the Poseidon work area and displays the model elements according to pre-determined schemes.
So, If you wish to remove the entire panel, then just click the option “Organize”, and then select the option “Layout”, a list will open and then if navigation pane is selected, deselect it.
After doing this process, no more Favorite Links bar will appear. The major problem with this is that doing this it also hides the Folders view as well.
Thus, If you wish to display the folders view in place of the favorite links panel, just drag your mouse over the top of the folders bar and hold it until it changes to a resize icon.
So, you can drag it in all the way up to the top, and you can only see the Folders view from now on.
Here is the new method to disable the favorite links is:
It is not hard to disable the favorite links in Vista windows explorer. There is just need to make some changes in the registry. To do so, just go through these simple
1. It’s recommended to make backup before making any changes to registry.
2. Run the command prompt from the start menu by typing Regedit.exe in the search line and press Enter.
3. Now locate the following folder:-
4. After this on the right pane you will see the Key that is named as ProperTreeExpandoSizer. Just double click it and change its value to 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 instead of 00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
5. Instead of reboot the computer, Click Ok and close the registry. Its better procedure.
This is the simple procedure, now the favorite link will not display