How to work with Ready Drive on Windows Vista
Windows Vista offers many new built in applications that help improve the performance of your computer such as Ready Boost which permits you to use flash memory.
- Connect your hybrid hard disk drive to your computer with the USB.
- Windows Vista should automatically detect the drive, and start the installation
- Save files on the H-HDD once installation is done. This data will be accessible by the H-HDD using a pre-fetch buffer so that flash memory is used only to store commonly used applications and programs so that your computers hard drive doesn’t have to frequently access the ones that are not used commonly.
- Only select programs for Ready Drive that use less than 256MB memory.
- Furthermore you can set your Windows Vista power options to hibernate whenever your computer is not being used by pressing Start menu then click on Control Panel and go to the Power Options menu. This should increase your battery time and prevent it from running out very often.